From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:42:29 +0900
On Monday, July 18, 2005, at 08:21  AM, Adam Sroka wrote:

> People who don't have migraines will sometimes call a really bad
> headache a "migraine." If the same person ever really has a migraine,
> they will surely say, "oh." (Actually, that is not the word they will
> use, but you know what I am saying ;-)

This is certainly true. I have had real migraines, the kind that have
swirling lights in your peripheral vision. It can be so bad that you
can't look at a page of print and read it, the letters look scrambled.
That, plus the 'spike through the eye' feeling and the nausea make
migraines totally distinct from other headaches. I can't recall having
a 'real' migraine since starting paleo, about 4 years. I still get
headaches, sometimes with some migraine symptoms, but not the whole
bag. And much much less severe.

For me the kicker is always bread. The other things, cheese, citrus,
certain odors, poor sleeping position, all contribute, but without
bread/wheat, no migraines. If for some reason I gave up paleo, I still
wouldn't eat much bread.