From:
Brad Cooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 14:23:34 -0500
Stacie,

The following is a link to the La Leche League (LLL) FAQ on Starting
Solids:
http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/FAQsolids.html.  There is a lot of
good
information there and it has a near-paleo slant wrt nutrition.  Many
of the
listed allergies are for non-paleo foods (and eggs).

I have a 4.5 month old girl who is breastfed and is doing very well.
We
don't plan to start her on solids until she is actually grabbing for
food
and trying to eat it.  I think it is best to start on pemmican or
masticated
meat (grassfed if possible), and wait on fruit and nuts until she
shows that
she can handle the meat.   Pemmican and meat should be easily
digestible.

If you plan to start your dd on a variety of foods at this time, you
probably should follow the LLL or similar guidelines for introducing
foods:
1 food at a time for a week or so.  You can more easily detect
allergic
reactions or digestion problems.

BTW, friends and family repeatedly recommend that we start giving her
iron-fortified cereal to ensure that she is getting enough iron and
enough
food.  She is in the 95th percentile for weight (17 lbs) and length
(26
inches), so I don't think nutrition is a problem!

I don't know any other paleo-babies (except Ray's), so my information
is
purely conjecture.

Good luck,

Brad