Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 07:12:45 -0700
Dear Hans,

My tree is old, it is a Yellow Delicious, the apples are great on it. The
stores also carry Yellow Delicious and they taste so, well, tasteless.

Mine seem to have shades of taste, everyone notices it, even my kids'
friends who you would think could taste nothing but sugar, can tell the
difference.

Is it no sprays, because it is not a hybrid, I don't know.  Maybe the Yellow
Delicious in the stores have been hybridized for storage and transport and
have lost most of their  taste--kind of like store tomatoes.

Mary