From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 16:52:48 -0500
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:05 Ashley Moran wrote:

>After reading The Paleo Diet, I noticed that the idea
>of sweating too much fits the same sort of idea (p78-82)
>as acne, cancer, myopia and polycystic ovaries.

<snip>

>I'd like to see this researched for two reasons-
>first because some people have HH so bad it
>controls their whole life,

>Any comments?

Sweating may be mildly embarrassing in itself, but I can't see how
sweating as such would control people's lives.

If this is because they become self-conscious about the consequent body
odour, I recall seeing that body odour is caused by bacteria on the skin;
it does not come from an ingredient of the sweat.  May I suggest a non-
Paleo remedy?  Find an anti-bacterial soap that works (many don't - press
your doctor or pharmacist for proof of its efficacy) and wash with it all
over daily under the shower: hair, face, scrub under finger and toe
nails.  Anyone you share close physical contact with should do the same.
Do this for about three months.  The niche occupied by the removed
bacteria should be re-populated by a new strain and the body odour should
smell differently.

Keith