From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 07:02:44 -0400
On Thu, 1 Jun 2000 15:33:27 CDT, Justin Hasselman
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>This was written by 'Animal'
>
>A study perfi,rmed by Taylor and colleagues.'' Following ingestion of a
test
>meal consisting of cereal, skim milk, scrambled eggs, French toast, apple
>juice, and a milk shake [200 g (60% or 800 calories) carbohydrate, 45g
>(21%>fat or 405 calories),80 g (19% or 320 calories) protein; 1,914 kcall]
>.. Seven hours following the meal, plasma insulin levels were still
>elevated threefold. Four hours following the meal, muscle glycogen began to
>fall, suggesting a flux of excess carbon out ot` the muscle and into
>storage as triglycerides (fat).

>Another argument for my diet!...

Hi Justin, do you call yourself the 'Animal'?
I can't recall any outline of a diet you call to be yours.

You tell about this experiment, which managed to elevate insulin
"threefold" for 7 hours. Alas you don't tell us 3-fold of what it was.
The normal insulin level some time after a meal should be zero.
Anything was 1000-fold above this, then.
But I just understand elevated.  So then *this* meal shouldn't be an
example of an adequate food combination (If insulin is supposed
to come down after some time to enhance good eicosanid synthesis).

Either this is a glucose intolerant human or the food combination isn't
ok (white bread with egg , milk and fat) or 2000kcal (nearly on days
worth of energy) are simply too much to be eaten in one meal.
I guess that all 3 apply, at least the ladder 2 of my assumptions.

In references , I found that it usually takes about 2 hours for
the glucose level to come down to normal
(graphic at http://www.zonehome.com/met/images/fig17.gif
text at: http://www.zonehome.com/met/metglucose.htm
    locate the Text "3. Glucose Tolerance and Intolerance" )

>.. Let's see, you want to eat small meals all day, still?

No, to the opposite. A few big meals and very few with carbohydrates
should be suited best. To achieve the "Zone Diet"-goal of
good eicosanoids. And thats just my attempt of an interpretation.

Because only after the time when insulin is down , good eicosaniods are
made, according to Sears.
And thats > 2 hours after the meal, the longest time is at night.

Btw I personally are not intending to loose weigth (I'm 184 cm and 72kg).
I'm interested to have an eicosanid composition, close to how it
was in natural (paleolithic or earlier) times.
Less inflammatory and pro imune system sounds good.

regards

Amadeus