From:
Heathen Girl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:49:07 0000
From what my doctor told me at least when I was diagnosed with the same problem is that gall stones take years to form. Mine was pretty bad and he said that it must have been building up for years. So, definitly don't think that your one month of low carb is causing it.

And actually as far as digesting fats after the gall bladder was removed... its fine. I had a lot of problems when I first had my gall bladder removed because I was on a high carb/low fat diet. I would have horrible gas and bathroom emergencies. Sorry, but there is no way to be nice and describe this.... I thought my life would be horrible but when I changed to low carb everything went away. I notice when I slip I can get horribly sick sometimes. I cannot have a cheat and be in a public place because you never know what will happen. Anyway, I would not worry. But I suppose you should ask your doc just to be on the safe side.

Melissa