From:
Dean Pistilli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:02:18 +1100
Amadeus:
> The more unique the technique (like fire or stone tools) the less
> competition, the more success.
> They daytime bipedal moving gains access to more tubers and carrion.
> Fire doubles the calories and scares off predators.
> That's a niche, maybe the explanation for the success of h.erectus.

Why resort to such run-around theories as this to try and give support
to vegetarianism and escape the reality that human beings generally
gained dominance and success by killing prey, competitors, eating meat,
and developing technology to do so. Why bother trying to fantasize about
plans to scare of predators with fire games so they could tuck into
those wild carrots and tubers in the ground? Again this seems like only
something a vegan/vegetarian would do.

Amadeus:
> I'm disgusted by what is called "meat production". Additionally
> after many years I feel strong discomfort in the thought of eating an
> animal body.

Again, that's your personal belief system at work, messing with reality.
Because you have set up reactions against meat eating doesn't alter
history, genetic preferences and optimal dietary practices for human
beings. Likewise for your disgust with the meat industry. Your whole
reason for your reading this list is virtually seems to be to try and
pick some 'goodies' out of paleo lifestyle so you can feel better with
your current belief system.

Amadeus:
> It would be different if animals were wild, living in the wild,
> eating themselves from the wild with all the full minerals and
nutrients,
> and if hunting would be part of my options to live at a certain place.
> In the outback for example.
> In this case I would only have left to make my bill with the hunted
animal
> This I think would be acceptable if I didn't have other options.

More meaningless 'ifs' and sophistry.

Amadeus:
> Wrangham has pointed out that not one single root, but a combination
> of 5 different ones (within a week or so) do meet the nutritional
needs
> of humans.

Correct. SO logically, if you need to gather 5 or more different roots
from differnt plances and times in order to get your nurtitional needs,
how long do you think you will last in the wild for??

Amadeus:
> You may be right. The guilt relief is not my professtion ;-)
> However the food resources from plants I find in both taste and
variety
> great.

But in fact it is. I can't find any points you are making besides
attempting to back up your own belief system and dietary lifestyle, show
it as acceptable and replace history with a fuzzy
vegetarian/vegan/fantasy alternative whereby h.erectus ran around
scaring wildlife with fire in order to dig up potatoes and roots, while
simmultaneously gathering wild seeds and roasting bark and leaves for a
nurtitious guilt free vegetarian meal. bzzzzzzzz.