From:
shirley sommers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 08:59:41 -0800
Maybe powdered arrowroot ?

Works quickly as it does not need to be cooked to thicken and get rid of raw flour taste. It is used in asain cooking AFAIK.
Drawback is it is pricey but then you anly need a small amount. I only use it for stir fry.

HTH, Shirley

Daddy always said "Never argue with an idiot.
They bring you down to their level,
and then beat you with experience."

          http://imagegermanshepherds.com/  est. 1959