From:
Sheryl Canter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:43:09 EST
Lynnet Bannion wrote:
>I've read the Diets Don't Work book, as well as another on the same
topic, "Thin Within" by Judy Wardell.

>And recently I've been attending a class by Lucy Beale Partridge based on
the same principles.  She has a website:  http://www.lucybeale.com
that people might find interesting.

I'm not familiar with "Thin Within".  I take a look on amazon.com.

I visited Lucy Beale's Web site.  I won't judge her approach, but
descriptively, her approach is not the same as the other authors I mentioned
because of her strong emphasis on BECOMING THIN.  The other authors I
mentioned shift the emphasis away from an obsessive concern with body size to
learning to eat according to hunger.  They redefine the problem.  If you lose
weight, it's a side benefit--it's not the main goal.  They say that being fat
is not the problem.  The problem is compulsive eating and obsession with body
size.

     - Sheryl