Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 00:18:02 -0700
Question Re: Omega 3 Fatty Acids

> >The water packed is more healthy, as the oil used in
oil-packed is (aside

> Well, doesn't that depend on the oil used for packing the
tuna? I buy tuna
> packed in "pure olive oil" (Cento brand, or health food
store brand). The

Reply:

Long have I wondered about this;    Because I read the
"paleo" pages for 50 hours to start  with, then   I
increased;   Tuna,  Sardines and other canned fish.   I buy
and eat the Cheap oil pack as I believe the nutrients will
seep out into the oil and I will get them.

I,  I, at age 74 still cling to my ancient idea that if i
eat just nutritious food,  MY GUT will figure it out!

I eat  3 or 4  cans of   the cheapest fish a week.  /but I
also eat some highly colored berries fruits veggies nuts and
steaks.    But Almost nothing that  is sold in a box.

Now I have only  one  month on Paleo,  I only commit junk
food once or twice a week---

PS  I never believed the Cholesterol Scare.    I never quit
eating Eggs,   I read Hjalmer Steffenson and many other
arctic conditions writers starting 62 years ago.   Quote
from most of them " A trapper needs the fat of a large
animal to survive the winter in a hut on a trapline  in the
Arctic."

Your comments  are most welcome--especially if from your own
experience! Best Regards,  Lorenzo