From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:58:48 -0700
Did anyone else watch Nightline tonight?  It was heartwrenching to see the
British farmer collapse in tears at the loss of his herd.  The first thing
that pops to mind is the anti-meat faction.  I can hear them now; they
deserve the pain for what they've done to animals.  This is proof we
shouldn't eat them.  Blah blah blah.  To use hoof-and-mouth disease as an
excuse to stop meat consumption is to shoot the messenger.  What we need to
do is contain the disease, not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

My first job was on a dairy farm.  The animals weren't just relied on; they
were loved.  A vegetarian just can't understand that.  Their so-called love
for animals pales in comparison.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO