From:
Katy & Ron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:16:32 -0600
From: "Erik Hill" <[log in to unmask]>

> > A nice hot chocolate drink can be made with nut milk, cocoa (or carob
> > if you like), and stevia.

Hi.  I'm also a "newbie".

QUESTION:  nut milk.  how/where do we get it?  I was thinking
of taking nuts, turned into meal and then soaking the meal in
water (or broth or juice), straining and calling this nut milk.  Is this a
way to do it?  If so, what water temp? warm, room temp?

Also, have a can of "coconut milk and the listed ingredients are:
coconut extract, water, potassium metabisulfite (preservative).
Realizing I don't want the preservative, but not sure what the
coconut "extract" is.  (AND realizing my love of the actual
small dab of real milk nectar that is inside a fresh coconut
isn't going to get me a whole glassful of it).

Thanks,
Katy

Read