From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 08:37:22 -0500
Here's a quote from the CNN Quick News service I get in my mail.
 Interesting wording.  Breast milk causes increases.  Shouldn't this say
"formula causes decreases"?
-------------
> STUDY: BREAST MILK CAN MAKE KIDS SMARTER

A new study indicates that children who were breast-fed as babies, rather
than
formula-fed, perform better in school and on standardized tests. The study,
published in the journal Pediatrics, found that an omega 3 fatty acid,
naturally occurring in breast milk but not in formula, promotes lasting
brain
development. "It is concluded that breast-feeding is associated with small
but
detectable increases in child cognitive ability and educational
achievement,"
said the report.

-->Critics point to cultural differences
..... http://cnn.com/HEALTH/9801/05/mothers.milk/
John Pavao