From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 10:49:09 -0600
I've always loved fresh vegetables from my garden.  Unfortunately, it seems some of the things that grow and produce the best are now on the "food to avoid" list -- corn, peas, green beans, potatos, maybe even tomatos.  I'm curious what sorts of things can be grown fairy easily in the midwestern U.S. besides those "staples".  Aside from the staples, I've already had good success with squash of all types, okra, peppers, kale, and collards.  I haven't had much luck with cruciferous vegetables, but I'm still trying.  Eggplant apparently does well here, too, though I've not grown any personally.  Next spring I'm going to plant some fruit and nut trees, but I'm not just sure which ones yet.  Apples and pears do well here, as do walnuts and pecans (not sure about almonds).

Anyone have any "paleo garden" suggestions?

--
   Robert Kesterson