From:
D L Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 01:31:36 +0000
>The list of foods that my daughter mounts an immune response to is mind
>boggling -- even some good paleo foods.

The most allergenic foods
>according to Haas are wheat, dairy, chicken eggs (how many chicken eggs
>did early man eat), soy, corn, peanuts,and sugar, followed by much less
>reactive foods: yeast, glutens (wheat,rye,barley,oats, spelt, kamut),
>rye, oats, shrimp and other shellfish,etc., potatoes sometimes,coffee,
>chocolate, tomatoes (the last four are new world).

>The Haas book (The False Fat Diet) is worth a read.
>
>Liz

I'm relatively new to this list, but have found much that correlates with
our family's experiences with food.  I really appreciate this post.  Our
daughter reacts to every one of the above, and more.  In fact, there are
only about six foods that she can eat without a severe reaction:  pineapple,
rice, chicken, bacon, fish (not shell fish), beef and sweet potatoes.  She
also suffers carbohydrate cravings that are only alleviated by extended
exercise.  We're using the alpha nutrition products from Environmed Research
in Canada, but she may have had a reaction to the complete formula, which
includes carbohydrates (we're not sure about that yet, it could have been an
iron supplement she tried).

I'm going to get the Haas' book, and would appreciate any other insights
into this type of problem.  (Our family is gluten, casein, and legume-free;
beyond that we each have many additional food intolerances, including nuts!)

Deborah in OKC