From:
Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 07:39:15 -0800
Hi Sandy,

I try to include dried sea vegetables in my paleo diet.  For example, we keep
roasted dulse on the kitchen table for snacking out of hand.  We also keep dulse
and nori flakes on the table  as condiments to be sprinkled on eggs at the
table, or cooked veggies.  Sheets of nori work great as wrappers for hand held
avocado tuna  "sandwiches."  Sometimes if I'm making roasted walnuts, I mix in
some seaweed powders to increase  the mineral content. Roasted  Pepita seeds
mixed with dulse is my favorite.  Finally, when I make any long cooked chicken
soup, or venison stew/  soup, I throw in a piece or two of dried kelp/kombu to
increase the mineral content as well.   Wakame thrown into fish soup is
also great, and perfectly paleo.  All these sea vegetable can be found in most
health food stores, Whole Foods, or ordered online.  They keep forever.   Hopes
this helps.

Batsheva