Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2011 09:07:25 -0800
On 1/4/11 5:55 AM, Batsheva wrote:
> Hello Raw Fat eater meat eaters on this list....can someone give me an overview,
> including specific menu ideas for how I can incorporate more raw fat, and how
> you serve it up, into my diet.  I'm 100% paleo, but tend to stick to raw fat in
> the form of avocado and raw almond butter.  I cook my lamb chops rare, but still
> cook them.  I lightly cook my egg whites still runny, but do apply some heat.

Not so much menu as item suggestions: nuts from trees (Brazils have
selenium we need) including pine nuts, macadamia nuts (can be obtained
unheated or lightly heated to dry the nut), walnuts, etc., fat-still-on
cuts of red meat (one usually has to ask the butcher to leave the fat
on), fatty fish such as wild salmon, eggs, olive oil (not strictly
paleo).  I generally do not cook foods so it's easy for me to eat whole
raw eggs, meat and fish.  If I can't get the fat left on the meat, I ask
the butcher to give me the fat that's already been cut off (early
morning procedure often). One can also make a guacamole from the avocado
with cilantro from the garden, lime juice, etc.  To increase my intake
of fats, I upped the number of times I eat fish each week.
-=mark=-