From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:16:20 GMT
Does anyone have a good suggestion for how to substitute for peanut
satay
sauce? I have never used this in the first place but want to try a
Thai
recipe that uses it. The nature of Thai cooking is such that
eliminating one
flavor such as this will ruin the flavor of the dish.

And speaking of Thai cooking, I have found that fish sauce is a good
substitute for soy sauce. The ingredients in fish sauce are just
water,
anchovy extract and salt- no soy, MSG, etc. I plan to try this to make
teriyaki jerky. Fish sauce is very strong, use less than you would soy
sauce.
Stacie