Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:19:56 -0700

> >I'm looking for an economical sources for range fed meats
and eggs.

> directly from farmers will be the cheapest even if not
cheaper than
> commercial eggs or meats.( but it can also be cheaper )

REPLY:

We live in a high Desert town,  there are only 50,000 people
in our large County.  very few farms, just  mostly  Desert.
But  with an ad on the bulletin board at the store we have
found ranch eggs,   first at $1.25,   then at $1.00  - they
quit soon.  now $1.50  per doz.  only once did we have two
sources at the same time.    There is a  4H club here,  and
a county fair-  it just now occurred to me that these may be
two effective ways to meet these people.  So thanks for the
inspiration!

Regards,  Lorenzo