From:
The Odd Doll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:44:39 -0400
Hi Everyone!

I recently bought a juicer and it's not working out like I hoped. I enjoy V-8
juice, so I first tried a recipe that mimicked it. My first thought was "this is
awfully sweet." By halfway through the glass I was drinking solely because I
had gone to so much work and was determined to finish it. By three-quarters
the way through the glass I started gagging and had to pour the rest out. I
felt queasy for about three hours.

Now, I thought this might have been the root vegetables, which made it taste
and smell like sweet dirt, so I tried a tomato juice with celery and sweet
onion. I could drink this, but I had indigestion that night.

I tried it again a few days later, the same mixture but with added cucumber (it
was delicious), and about halfway through the glass I was suddenly
overwhelmed with nausea. It took me about two hours to feel better.

So my question is, could it be the raw tomato that is doing this? I looked for
information on nightshades, but it mostly covers athritic symptoms. I can drink
V-8 without any noticeable problems, but that is cooked. I also read that
cooking eliminates some of the alkaloids.

Do you know any more about this?

Thanks,
Marianne