From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:54:49 +0200
Hans wrote:

>At 10:08 1999-04-08 +0200, Amadeus wrote:
>>
>>Spanish roots are (neglecting the arabic influence) Gothic ones,
>>where the Goths overlayed the present roman-celt-iberic population.
>
>Goths never were a major part of the population, they just

>"goverened"
Hans, the Gothic kingdom in Spain of course consisted of an
incomeing Gothic "governing" population which somewhat mixed up with
the already present celt-iberic-roman population.
I didn't say how "big" the gothic genom part was, they just mixed.

The same happened in England, when anglo-saxon ("germanic") or later
the normannic (remember Robin Hood? :-) ) overlayed and mixed up with
the celtic population in England.

As a bavarian i'd also like to see the romanic influence as small,
when celtic bavaria was captured by Augustus shortly after France
(well, except a small village.... :-) ).

Anyway, European "nations" people (and therefore much of USA/America

too)
are relative closely related, are relatives.
Because of the population streams
that happened in the years
400 ad ("germanic movement")
1000-200bc ("celtic movement")
4600-4400bc ("linearband people" movement?).

Isn't that nice?

And all other humans on the world (as i pictured) in a manner, not
too far away, too.

>>Goths come from the island Gotland (Sweden and later spread in

>tribes
>>over Europe) at about 400 a.d..
>
>There is no evidence from where they came.

Right, but it may be.
It is at least possible and a little change in locations won't
change the picture much.

Gotland is said to be a very nice island
- have you been there?

>- Hans (Sweden)

Amadeus (Bavaria, World)

---