From:
City Monkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 15:54:36 -0500
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 08:01:48 +0000, Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>It's a while since I started eating "warrior style" and stopped eating
>before 6pm.  I now find the idea of breakfast quite strange.  I'd have
>to force myself to eat before 1, and I generally aren't interested in
>eating before 3.  The thought of feeding myself a McDonald's meal at
>9am makes my stomach turn (although it would have a similar effect at
>other times of the day).  Does anyone else feel this way about
>breakfast?

When I was in school I never ate until after I got home, so anywhere from
3-6pm. During this time, people always told me how important breakfast was,
but whenever I tried to eat something it would make me feel nauseous.

One thing I found out, is that if I would eat something for breakfast, even
only a few bites, then I would feel hunger, or maybe some kind of pain
within a number of hours afterwards. It was a pain in my upper abdomen that
would rise for about 5-10seconds, but then I'd suck in the pain and it would
stop. But if I didn't touch anything, then I had little trouble going the
whole day without eating.

Now, I eat within minutes of awakening. I have OJ, a banana, and after that
settles I have some steak.

One observation I'd like to point out is sleep. When I was in school I was
being forced to get up at around 5-7am, and I wouldn't usually be in bed
before around 10pm. So I wasn't getting sleep. When the alarm clock would go
off, it would have to pull with all of it's strength to bring me out of my
comfy dreamland. Many times I'd sleep right through it. But when I'd finally
be awake, it was obvious to me that I wasn't supposed to be awake.

So me being nauseous if I tried to eat breakfast during those years I think
had something to do with sleep. I wasn't ready for the world, and I
certainly wasn't ready to use the energy needed to digest food. I just
wanted to go back to bed.

But now it is different. Now I sleep for as long as I want, with no alarm
clock. When I wake up, I feel good! It is remarkable how big of a difference
it makes. The sun is shining, and there's no delay in starting the day...
it's in full force by the time I awaken. So eating some breakfast feels good
rather than making my stomach turn.

Now when I have a bad night and can't get enough sleep I REALLY notice the
difference. The day is completely useless since I feel like I am dangling by
a thread and don't have a solid footing on life. To think back at all of
those years where other people forced me to go against my own nature makes
me very upset. Who knows how it affects us biologically as well. I might've
developed differently, taller, stronger, etc, if I had been given the sleep
I deserved.

I like eating breakfast now... it's cool to store up some emergency food at
night when you are in full swing, and when you wake up you can use it to get
enough energy to be able to go find more food. If you skip breakfast, and
you can't find something to eat, then it'll be hard to sleep, and even
harder to start again the next day.

But there is one cool thing about not eating until late in the day. When you
are adapted for that, you feel like you are invincible... You feel like you
could fast for days without much of a problem. But when your body is adapted
to getting some food at intervals throughout the day, then if you are forced
to skip a meal for some reason then you get out of rhythm.

So I don't know what approach is best. Whatever works.