From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:10:35 +0900
On Friday, November 28, 2003, at 04:56  PM, Boel wrote:
> Hope this isn't too much off topic! ;-))
> Boel

I for one am enjoying the Scandinavian cultural info. It is an
interesting change from the mostly US-Aussie posts we usually have. My
home town in the US is nicknamed "Swede-town" because of all the
Swedish settlers a hundred some years ago (the next town over is German
Valley!). Most of my neighbors were second and third generation Swedes,
but we never ate much Swedish food. We are so far inland I suppose they
had to give up most of their native foods. There seems to be lots of
diabetes and heart disease among them. I suppose the change in foods
from sea based to wheat and corn based wasn't good.