Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:59:58 -0800
Hey, I'm from northern California too - also new to the list - I live
in Santa Cruz!

I don't have the book either - can't afford it yet - and am very
unhappy that my local library doesn't have it! Maybe I can request
that they buy a copy. I would be happy to read a library copy until I
can get my own. But I have been learning about the plan from the web
and people I know. It seems pretty simple though and that's one of
the attractions to me.

I've been on many eating plans - a few years ago I was on McDougall,
which is extremely low-fat vegan - I actually lost a lot of weight,
but ended up pigging out on the carbs and junk food - I think the low
protein gave me sugar cravings. Then I tried Potatoes Not Prozac,
where I learned the value of eating more protein. And last fall I was
on Atkins which is starting to go the right direction, in the sense
of more meat and fewer carbs.

Anyway I plan to start the Paleo diet on Monday - this week I'm
eating up some of the oatmeal and potatoes I have in the house - not
to mention *chocolate*!

What's RTFM?

Zoe Sodja
Santa Cruz