From:
Madeline Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 09:45:20 EDT
In a message dated 9/1/02 4:00:27 PM, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Same here.  Since I am almost invariably hungrier in the evening,
regardless of what I have eaten at the last meal, I think the
light/sleep cycle has something to do with it as well.

According to Wiley and Formby in Lights Out, you are exactly on the money
here. It seems to be nearly universal in this country, that people get
ravenous in the evening. It certainly is true for my husband and myself. We
are finding that going to bed earlier and earlier, as the winter nears, seems
to be working to curb these cravings.

I find it almost amusing, what my sister's doctor has suggested as an
antidote to this "problem". She is substantially overweight (some 85 pounds
or more) and is seeing a "top notch" barriatric physician. His
recommendations include: "Eat no wheat, corn or potatoes."  OK, I'll
certainly go along with that. But then he advises, "Eat only breakfast and
lunch, but no dinner, and to keep you from being hungry later in the day,
take these appetite suppressing pills!" (phentermine)

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY