From:
"M.E. Craddock" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:11:23 EST
P. Thrift wrote the other day wondering why people are doing aerobics in the
morning as he passed by them at the gym....
I wanted to say something about why I like doing vigorous aerobic activity
sometimes....

Most importantly, it makes me feel good. It gives me a euphoria that I can't
duplicate with weight training....but, weight training has it's own good
feeling, too, which I enjoy very much.
I enjoy working out during a complex aerobics routine...I find the
coordination of  the movements  to be somewhat mentally stimulating.
I like the feeling of working up a really big sweat...my body/muscles get
pumped with blood and it is stimulating to me...mentally and physically.
Afterwards...I feel a sense of accomplishment...kind of like when I climb up
a mountain. It gives me a sense of well being and reduces stress for me
through out the day...( I have a stressful but sedentary job).
Also...working out to music with a good beat is motivating.

Personally, I just like it. Not trying to argue whether you(anyone) should or
shouldn't...I just wanted to reflect on what Phillip was wondering about ...

Mary C.