From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 00:30:37 EDT
In a message dated 09/04/1999 8:14:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I seem to remember seeing studies that show burned food being carcinogenic.
>  The best I can remember I saw some references to that in the 'Life
>  Extension' book, but not sure. Also remember that high intakes of
>  various vitamins and other nutrients can significantly reduce that
>  effect.  Again, this is a vague recollection and not meant to be
>  anything definitive.
>
>  Ilya

I remember that,,I think I read that too...how is it that *we* *burn* meat,
but HG's don't?....how would they know how far to go in cooking?
...I mean since they don't suffer from colon cancers,,they must be doing
it right,,,but at what level of cooked is right?..and how would they
know what point that is?...don't they accidentally overcook foods too?
....so you're saying that if one takes in enough antioxidants,
it helps to squash the free-radicals from the charred meat?...I could
agree with that...plus burned *clean* meat, has got to be better
than *burned* modern meat, what with all the chemicals in it these
days...

Anna 8-)