From:
Michelle Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 09:50:10 -0500

> Unless he is drinking heavily and especially using a lot of tobacco,
> that probably isn't it. A year is not unusual at all, though if you are
> worried a Dr. can check for common problems.

I know.  I'm actually not that worried, just a little.  I'm not going to
start the whole infertility circuit with the doctors until at least 6 more
months have passed, if not more.  And even then, I'd just want to be tested.
Especially since I am starting to eat paleo, because I think I may have some
hormone imbalances from all the carbs that I was eating.  My mother told me
that she and her sister always got pregnant as soon as they went on crash
diets (they've both been yo-yo dieters their whole lives), which may have
been simply the result of lowering ther carb intake.  Both had fertility
problems when they weren't dieting.  I never thought the same would apply to
me because my mom and my aunt struggle with being overweight, while I am
technically underweight.

So many women I've known try for 6 months and lie to their doctors so they
can start fertility treatments, often starting off with hormones.  Sheesh!
I'd like my chances for a twin (or triplet, or quad, or quint) birth to be
as low as possible, thank you!