From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 2004 06:26:00 -0500
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:58:51 -0600, Wally Day <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> I have planted this summer
>>tomatoes which are purported to be
>>straight from S America with tiny,
>>berry-sized fruits.
>
>Keith, where did you get them?
>
>I, for one, am not "scared" of growing the original
>berry-like tomatoes. After all, the so-called poison
>must not have killed the original Indians who "bred" them.

I get most of my seeds from Phoenix Seeds, PO Box 207, Snug, Tasmania,
Australia 7054.  It's owned and run by Michael Self.  Here is his catalgue
entry for these seeds:

"Tomato-Wild - Lycopersicon pimpinellifolium.  This species of tomato is
little changed from the wild.  The indeterminate (need staking) plants
produce literally hundreds of tiny (3-4g) red fruit on long trusses.
These ripen sequentially so that fruit may be ripe at the top of the truss
and still quite green at the bottom.  Rich, sweet and tart taste."

Michael does not have a website and is never likely to have one.

If you type <Lycopersicon pimpinellifolium> into Google, you find
suppliers on your side of the planet.

Keith