Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 17:58:58 +0100
On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Todd Moody wrote:

> You believe, then, that the cosmological efforts of people such
> as Hawking and Guth, since they deal with unobservable events
> (e.g., the generation of universes from nothing) are not science?

Obviously YOU do, as you told us on 21 sept, that to qualify as
scientific, a
theory had to be '"falsifiable, based on empirical observation" .

[snip]

> > If ID theory is scientific,
> > then any designer must reside within the universe.

> And that is perfectly possible, for all that ID theory has to say
> about it, and also assuming that we can make this
> "inside/outside" boundary that you are talking about
> intelligible.

If ID theory allows for non resident designers, then since their
existence can
not be "falsified through empirical observation", it has left the
realm of
science and become indistinguishable from creationism.

Andy.