From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:42:46 -0700
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:31:58 -0500, Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Dr. Neal Barnard, president of the Physicians Committee on Responsible Medicine, says cheese is
>addictive because it contains small amounts of morphine from cows' liver.
>----------------------------------
>Cheese manufacturers have known about this for years and they try to exploit this characteristic of
>their customers.

I can't come up with anyone more full of bullsh** than the Physicians Committee,
especially Neal Barnard, (PETA's medical adviser), who says, direct quote:

" I have been following a vegan diet now since the 1980s, and find it not only
healthier, but also much more attractive than the chunks of meat that were on my
plate as a child. "

I'd have to say that it is hard to find any human being who has made more false
statements than Barnard.

I am especially saddened by some Paleo advocates who follow the modern tendency
to simply believe anything that tends to validate their own personal lifestyle
choice - that tendency is exactly the same behavior that keeps most vegans
continuing in their unhealthful choice for years...

Personally, I removed dairy from my diet for a few months, noticed no benefits
whatsoever, and resumed consuming dairy with no ill effects.    My opinion is
that there is probably truth in the theory, that some groups were nomadic
herders for long enough prior to Neolithic times that they did develop some
adaptation to dairy products.
--
Cheers,

Ken