From:
tsayonah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 13:19:15 -0500
Thanks for your info, Richard.  I couldn't eat what you did
because I am very sensitive to grains:
> I ate 2 fried eggs, and a bunch of sausage in the morning for breakfast
eggs fried with any grain oil would make me have digestive
illness, as well as any "filler" or beef in the sausage.
> About 3 hours later I ate a hamburger patty, and cole slaw
Can't do beef and if the cole slaw was dressed with either
dairy or a mayo type salad dressing (which contains
distilled vinegar which is made from wheat)...
> About 3 hours later I ate a fruit cup and a tuna salad
the fruit cup, maybe, but have to really watch the sugar.
Re tuna salad, see dressing above
>ate a veal stew, brocolli and yam.
Haven't been able to get veal for several years and don't
know if it would react with me as does the adult version.
Was off yams, thinking they were in the potato class and
think maybe I am going to start sprouting little broccoli
florets along with the hair on my head from eating them so
often.
> I do my best to avoid
> grains, legumes, tomatoes/peppers/eggplant because I react badly to these.
I stopped the usual grains (wheat, rye, barley, oats)
because of the apparent celiac connection.  When I went
paleo I also omitted corn and beans alto I wasn't noticing
any specific problems with them.  I would be really
restricted without my tomatoes and peppers.  My sympathies
on that one!  Haven't had any eggplant because the only
thing I ever knew to do with it was make a Parmesan which is
breaded.  Anyone got any eggplant suggestions?

--
   Elisi Tsayonah, AniWodi, ghigau,
   St Francis River Band of Cherokee