From:
Yvonne Delamater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:38:38 -0700
Oh, raw kibby--how delicious!  My brothers and sisters and I devoured
that greedily when we visited our Syrian and Lebanese aunts!  It's
delicious served with melted butter poured over it and scooped up
with pieces of raw onions!  The recipe calls for cracked wheat or
burghol so, unfortunately, it's not paleo.

I remember that my aunts told me that they made sure that no other
meats like pork had been ground in the meat grinder when grinding the
meat for raw kibby.  Mostly they made raw kibby with  a very lean
steak and baked kibby with lamb.

My father could only eat raw kibby at weddings if he had a few beers
first because he was squeamish about the idea of eating raw meat.
We kids could never get enough of it!   We were greedy kibby neeyee
gourmands!

Yvonne

In a message dated 11/17/02 7:09:07 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:
>  >I know that in the middle-east it is considered uncivilised to eat raw
>  >meats as in most western countries.

In a message dated Mon, 18 Nov 2002 00:19:17 EST,
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>That's strange since one of the most popular middle eastern dishes, Kibbeh,
consists of raw lamb.