From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2013 06:42:16 -0400
I do hope people here are trying to mostly eat grass-fed meat:

Antibiotics and the Meat We Eat
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/28/opinion/antibiotics-and-the-meat-we-eat.html

Or at least some of the drug-free ones. There are vendors like
Naturewell beef that stop all growth hormones and antibiotics 120
days before slaughter. But those are still grain-fed.

All chickens are grain-fed. A very small amount of pastured heritage
turkey is available from Texas. I have only found two places that
pasture-feed pork. Though you can get feral pork from Texas.

This is the time of year that legs of lamb from Australia are on sale
at large supermarkets. All lamb from there is grass-fed. I have been
stocking my chest freezer with them.

Don.