From:
Grant Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 11:04:42 -0700
I'll list some "rules & guidelines" that were recently posted by the
moderator to a list for listowners by which we ought to "govern"
ourselves on this list:

"The list is not to be used for purposes of discussion of other lists,
listowners, subscribers, technical nit picking or controversy."

"Discussion shall be objective in nature by not disparaging the ideas of
others and by presenting your opinions as opinions.  Flaming of others is
prohibited."

"Quoting/Signatures
------------------
As required by the administration to be enforced for your own list, quoting
and signature lines shall be reduced to the minimum"

"Mailer Configuration
--------------------
Turn off HTML encoding and set your mailer to send in "Plain Text" format."

"Moderation
----------
This is is "semi-moderated" list."
i.e.  If you adhere to the policies outlined and guidelines in the
Welcome Message, you are free to post instantly.

"from ADMIN:

"To refresh everybody's memories, the disk space problem still is becoming a
more critical issue." "

My interpretation of all of the above is that we are "free" to provide
support and information in the best way we know how; but, because of a "disk
space problem" we should:
- limit ourselves when it comes to quoting messages to which we reply
- limit sig. files and "cute" sayings or lines at the end of our messages
- send short messages such as "Thank you", "Congratulations", "Me too" etc.
privately rather than to the list

Thank you for your cooperation.

listowner