From:
critters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 1997 14:27:48 -0700
Susan Carmack wrote:
> Hi Dean,
> I thoroughly enjoyed your post until I got to the vaccination part
> below.  Please look into vaccinations. After a bit of searching, you
> may find vaccinations worthless, meaningless and negative.
<snip>
> >meaningless, and negative about that lifestyle.  I will certainly
> >continue to drive my car, ride in airplanes, live in a house, own my
> >property, work on my computer, vaccinate my children,

<snip>

Susan,

I have researched vaccinations extensively.  I am a Hospital Corpsman in
the Navy so I have to administer them to Navy personnel.  For my own
children I am very leary.  My personal decision, after much reading, was
to only get those that had the least damaging effects versus the disease
they protect from being the most deadly.  For example:  For a child, it
is somewhat silly to get the Chickenpox (varicella) vaccine.  The
younger the child, the less serious the disease.  However, I did
recommend to my elderly, underweight mother to be vaccinated.
Chickenpox could kill her, so the vaccine is of greater benefit.

I am exceptionally leary of Pertussis vaccine.  My children did not get
it.  The risk of encephalitis is there, and I don't want to risk it.
Their chances of getting it are very slim.  However, I do plan to get
them the MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) someday when they are older and
can handle it better, because of the risk to their unborn children later
from German Measles mostly)(they are both girls).  I still can't
understand why it took the US government SO long to accept the
acellular(SAFER) vaccine, when it had been used in Japan for years.
Maybe I've been watching the X-Files to much <g>.  Anyway, my
recommendation, is - as in any subject- to carefully research the facts
on the vaccine AND the illness.  Figure out the pros and cons, and make
an informed decision.  Just as we have with our diet choices!  We know
by now that accepting the AMA's recommendations without thought is not
always wise.  (Hmm, maybe that high carb thing is right?? The AMA thinks
so..... NOT)

Anyway, just a IMHO.  I hate to buy into anything wholesale without
research.
--
Clare
[log in to unmask]   http://www.triax.com/critters