Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:18:04 +0100
> There are also a few articles i could dig up about people eating raw
> meat from the wild.. i am talking about raw wild rabbits etc. which
> would be worm ridden, and they are still living to see another day
> (don't try this at home though).

Not in any way defending this woman and her wormy ideas (she sounds real
weird) it is true however that a lot of people get worms at some point. A
friend of mine came back with a tapeworm from Greece, my sister had worms
after a period of serious gardening. It does happen and eating wild rabbits
is known to give worms. Usually people here marinate wild rabbit for at
least 24 hours in strong red wine. Not only for the taste but also to kill
of any worms there might be.  Pork is a likely meat to have worms overhere
and not a lot of people would eat that raw.
Some people are more prone to get them then others. My son had it as a child
regularly after the holidays where others who he played with during that
time never did. They did the same things, ate the same food and got dirty
playing in the sand just as much.

Christy