From:
Sisyphus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2006 11:03:50 -0500
At 06:54 AM 6/28/06 -0500, Kristina K. Carlton wrote:
>How do you all get around the fiber issue or having more regular bowel
>movements? I would love to eat more fruit but not if it will make the
>candida worse.

William is right - every day isn't necessary.  But if it goes past 2 or 3
days I get proactive.

Slow-cook your meats for at least 4 hours (longer you cook it, the easier
it is to break down) and drink the fat with it.  You may find that some
meats "block you up" more than others (for me pork is the easiest to
digest, beef takes a little longer).  Eat lots of spinach and lots of good
fat.  But if that's not enough - and sometimes it isn't - eat one banana or
5 prunes after consuming a day's worth of low-carb meals.  Another option
is sour apples (they are naturally low in sugar and fibery, although not
quite as effective as bananas or prunes).  If you're sticking to a VLC
(very low carb) diet the rest of the day, then this amount of fruit will
bring your carb cal percent (daily calories from carbs) to no higher than
10 or 11%, which is manageable from a candida standpoint.

Also spend more time standing, less time sitting, and add some
bending/squatting routines to your exercise regimen.  Often I find that the
need to evacuate makes itself known about 15 minutes after doing deep
squats or crouching maneuvers.  Another benefit of this is your leg muscles
will get toned up!

- S.

GettingPrimitive.com - A Natural Inquiry
..... Health, Diet, Society and Survival
........ for the Humans of Poison Planet
........ http://www.gettingprimitive.com