From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:58:15 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:
 > WOW!  Adrienne, You probably don't need more than half that amount of
 > protein.  If

I'll experiment with cutting down and having no more than say 4 oz of protein
at a meal.  Since the rest of the paleo diet is on the restrictive side for
me because I cannot eat nuts and fruit with abandon -- it seems like dumping
olive or mac oil on smaller portions of meat may be the only way to keep
calories at a level sufficient to give me energy. On days when I eat lamb or
veal tongue which are more calorically dense, this of course shouldn't  be
necessary.  Although I'm a relatively petite chick, I've always eaten huge
portions of meat, fish, poultry (my favorite foods) and remained extremely
lean for most of my life.  I really only gained weight when I started
overeating sugars, grains,etc.  It's just difficult for me to understand why
eating lots of protein in the past was never a problem, but now it is.
Anyway, thank you all so much for your tips -- I'll cut down and see what
happens.