Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 20:45:02 -0700
Sugar beets are white.

Search the net and you can find hundreds of unusual
vegetable seeds. Blue potatoes and asparagus for a starter.

The food one sees in the market must be heavily influenced
by culture.  One country does not like beets another skips
broccoli.

In the early spring one can go to the garden and pick the
young shoots and flower buds.  Many are similar to broccoli
but long and thin.  Who eats Nasturtiums?

It is increasingly easy to find articles on the net that
claim sugar and grain foods (cake) feed cancer.  We tend to
like food that we liked as a child.  We can learn to
appreciate new tastes.

Lorenzo