From:
Wally Ballou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 00:10:09 -0500
On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 19:03:16 -0700 toni mettler <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>I do not think anyone has a right to judge others
> for there emotional and spiritual needs which lead them to partake
> in their substance of choice whether it be pot, alcohol, sex, or sugar.
> suppose I can not sit still for those judging other's lives until they
have
> walked in their shoes.

Funny, you seem to be putting on a pretty good imitation of judging me...
 I said nothing to imply all the things you attributed to me.  I said
that compulsive eating was attributed to virtually everything BUT
excessive carbohydrates.  Of course there are SOME other causes, but they
are, frankly, irrelevant to our discussion here.

Personally, I feel perfectly comfortable in judging people for the
substances they choose to use.  We are all judged constantly, and unless
it's some kind of general prejudice, it's perfectly proper.  HOWEVER, in
the cases of ALL the other substances, the truthful information is
readily available about the possible consequences.  In the case of sugars
and starches, the food industry, the medical industry, and the government
have spread mostly untruths, and continued to promote their use as the
CURE for so many problems that they actually CAUSE...

With all the other substances, people have a chance to make an INFORMED
decision.  In the case of carbs, becoming informed only happens to a
"fortunate" few who stumble into lowcarb or paleo by chance, or if they
become so desperate that they start to seek out methods that the experts
label "crackpot." Sure, if someone knows what carbs will do, and says "I
love them, I know they will make me fat and diseased, but I'm going to
eat them anyway," then I would accept their right to do so.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.