From:
Emiliano Bussòlo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2013 16:30:49 +0200
I believe there is some very strong
>evidence that hunter gatherer men followed what we'd call a high
>intensity workout model.  Very intense effort every few days followed
>by mostly lazing around doing nothing,  So that's what I do: I work
>out twice a week at high intensity.  Don't scoff.  I have no problem
>jumping up and running a half marathon with little training -- or
>doing a sprint triathlon.  The goal of exercise for most people is a)
>weight loss; and b)muscular toning or size.  But if only an hour of
>work a day -- combined with a paleo diet gets you there -- why in
>hades would anyone spend the hours upon hours at a gym or out on a
>trail?  That slogging away is such an enormous waste of time and
>energy, IMO.  And the injuries...

that's very similar to what I do.
I run two-three times a week following something called HIIT (High Intensity Interval training) which is basically 1 1\2 minute walking followed by a minute full speed (16km\h for me), for thirty minutes at a time. No more "Chronic cardio" as Mark Sisson calls the neverending running sessions at the same speed.

I lift weights two times a week with stronglifts (http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/) program (basically lift heavy stuff in order to build strenght, no machines, no nothing) for like 30-45 minutes.

I love basketball so I train a couple of times a week + match on Sunday.

And, yes, from time to time, when the weather is fair I like to go to the mountains to run for a longer distance (typically 20K) or to walk around with the dog for a day or two...

I'm starting to think I'm overdoing it a bit considering I'm 43, because after all winter of this regime I'm feeling pretty tired... but since I'm a diabetic all this activity helps me in a big way to keep the BG in check and I prefer for sure being active than injecting loads of insulin... another option would be to drastically cut calories just like you do but I find it quite difficult. I probably am a nervous eater, I don't know for sure, but I find it way easier to eat and burn than to just not eat.

 --

 Sponsor:
 Terme sulla riviera romagnola con le offerte degli hotel Rimini, alberghi Riccione in strutture per famiglie con pacchetti tutto compreso terme bimbo.Info 0541607636