From:
Karl Järnhammer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:26:12 +0100
Hi Rob
Interesting post. Can't help you on the iron thing but I too have been
wondering about the eventual benefits of donating blood. As a diabetic
I'm not allowed to, yet blood letting was one of the earliest medical
treatments, even leaches etc. It is said that we all renew ourselves
completely every 7 years - I don't understand that, but I do know that
the given blood is replaced, presumably with freshly made new blood.
That can't be bad?

/KJ.