From:
Jane Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 19:19:31 -0700
Hi, Rob!

I have tried the metabolic type diet.  Wolcott has three types:  Protein,
Carbo, and Mixed.  I am a fast oxidizer, which he calls a Protein Type.  It
is compatible with the Paleo diet.  The Carbo isn't and the Mixed would be
borderline.  Wolcott does emphasize individual nutritional needs and
getting the right "fuel mix" for each person.  I tend to agree with him
here, as I am a strong proponent of biochemical individuality.  However, my
biochemical needs seem to be answered by a Paleo diet, so here I am.

My health did improve with the MTD; however I did not get "well."  I have a
"mystery disease," which, so far, no one has been able to label and treat
correctly.  It would be a worthwhile exercise for you to read the book and
take the test to see what your type is and how you might modify your diet
to improve it.  The back part of the book--from the FAQ chapter on--has
some good information on diet.

Hope this helps.

Jane