From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2009 16:12:29 -0500
william wrote:
> steve wrote:
>>
>> The results of the present study thus suggest that PJ consumption by
>> patients with CAS decreases carotid IMT and systolic blood pressure
>> and these effects could be related to the potent antioxidant
>> characteristics of PJ polyphenols.
>
> It is not paleofood.
Of course it's paleofood.  Why wouldn't it be?

> Double not, because the carbohydrate content is likely to interfere
> with fat-burning, leaving the user in the hell of
> carbohydrate/glucose->insulin resistance described so well by Ron
> Rosedale.

We're discussing the use of *small quantities* of pomegranate juice as
an anti-hypertensive food.  "Small quantities" means an ounce or two.
The study I cited before involved 50 ml of pomegranate juice a day,
which equals 1.7 US fluid ounces.  That's 8.3g of carbohydrate.
Somebody could easily swap 8.5g of some other paleo fruit or vegetable
for 50 ml of PJ without descending into insulin resistance hell.  The
original poster is seeking for paleofood ways to reduce hypertension.
Small quantities of PJ are a genuine paleo option and should not be
rejected out of hand.  It might actually work.

Todd Moody