Date:
Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:58:09 -0700
Quoting Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Maybe I'm in a feisty mood, but if my memory serve me correctly were
> you the person who referred to an apple as a demon ball of sugar?
> Or found yourself crashing and burning in the candy aisle after
> falling off the paleo wagon?

I don't know I make the demon ball statement, lol.  But I absolutely
did post my confessions about falling off the paleo wagon!

I personally would rather have a 3 ounce
> serving of homegrown butternut squash as a side dish to my fresh
> venison, and as long as I don't suffer any high glycemic
> consequences. Better to eat some local winter squash in moderation
> accompanied by fat and protein than to  to crave sugary sweets or
> worse, alcohol.

That is so very true.

  I think the human tongue has 5 flavor receptors, and
> sweet is one of them.  To deny sweet is to deny being human/human
> physiology. What we resist persists, so if you go zero carb for too
> long, I think it will come back to bite you in the *@!.   Don't
> Aboriginal tribes in tropical environments risk life and limb to dip
> into honeycombs, or climb 75 ft into the air to shake down a durian
> or wild mango?

I just said above that I don't deny sweets.  I do have the occasional
season of pancreatic overload.

  I dunno,
>  I just think its funny to watch all of us modern cavefolks go round
> and round with some of these stringent rules about what
> constitutes the Paleo Way.

We all approach this in different ways and we all have to make our
bargain with life.  I personally, and this is just me, like to keep
the ideal in mind and then deviate from that.  My wife is different.
She likes to try everything then back off until she feels comfortable.
  I still think my way is better as she get so overloaded with crap
that she misses the signals that, for instance, eating a nut that you
have to soak in a river might give you.  You become desensitized IMO
and forget what "normal" is.

Jim