From:
Judy Denham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 2003 02:21:37 +0000
>That's interesting. Do you know of any research etc that demonstrates
>saturated fat intake raises LDL in some individuals? Dr. Atkins' New Diet
>Revolution
>seems to allude to this possibility when he mentions that some people are
>"fat
>sensitive" and their lipid profiles worsen as dietary saturated fat
>increases. I wonder if all saturated fat will do this ie animal derived
>(long chain
>fatty acids) as well as plant derived such as in coconut oil (medium chain
>fatty
>acids).

Adrienne   I also read in Dr. Atkins book that he recommends that you
experiement to find whether high amounts of saturated fat affects your blood
lipids.  I've also read of the idea in the archives.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your new diet as I've just
ordered some coconut oil.  It seems to be having a very positive effect for
you, let's hope this also for your blood test.   Judy