From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:53:39 -0400
Ben Liberman wrote:
 >While we are talking about pemmican... I noticed that all of the
 >pemmican packaging from US Wellness says "Keep Frozen".

This is because they use tallow instead of suet. There isn't enough
suet in the animal for all the pemmican they sell. And by not using
the suet in the pemmican, they can sell it separately for a higher price.

 >How should I care for my pemmican?

If from US Wellness I would keep it in the freezer. If you make your
own from suet, and you are sure that you have removed 100% of the
moisture, you can simply keep it in a somewhat airtight container.
I've kept homemade for over a year this way with no problems.

I have a convenient overview of US Wellness's pemmican and products
on my http://PaleoFoodMall.com page.

Don.