From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 22:03:18 +0200
At 14:09 2000-09-27 -0700, Bill wrote:

>Suicide is a leading cause of death in the U.S. (especially my current
>home state of Nevada) and in Japan. Is suicide known at all among
>traditional hunter-gatherer societies? If so, what is the incidence?

Yhe psychosocial situation is far more worse than the dietary
situation
in my opinion. And it is much, much harder to change.
Do wild animals commit suicide? Should Homo Sapiens, the so called
"Chrown ov Evolution" be so incomplete that some individuals do not
want
to live? Any trait like that would be sorted away rather quick.
I would be very astonished if suicide occurs among hunter-gatherers.
So what is the reason? I think the root of the evil is the un equal
society that arose during neolithic times.
I have a web page explaining one theory how it works:
http://www.algonet.se/~hans-k/eMKochE.html

- Hans