From:
Norm Skrzypinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:43:41 -0500
On March 14, 2001 11:24 PM, Andrew wrote:

>   > Carbs decrease and fat increases, as a cow develops, but the protein
> > fraction remains constant.
> >
> > I'm interested in knowing if that's true for wolves and other wild
> mammals.
> > Does anyone have any sources for this?
>
> it is true for several australian mammals from what i saw in a vet's book
> the other day.
> the more towas adulthood the animal gets, the more important fat becomes
vs
> carbohydrates.

Actually, I erred when I said that "Carbs decrease and fat increases" -- the
opposite is true.  In any event, the protein remains constant.

I've contacted the animal nutrition departments at a couple of universities,
for more information, but I'm not getting any response.  I suspect that
their main focus is on the feeding of domesticated animals, so I may have to
contact someone else for this.  In the meantime, if anyone has any leads,
please email me.

Norm